Paleo Zucchini Bread
In honor of National Zucchini Bread Day this week (April 25), I couldn’t miss out on posting one of my many zucchini recipes that I’ve come up with recently.
As I’ve mentioned before, zucchini is such a versatile vegetable that can be easily disguised to make it feel like you’re eating dessert when you’re actually getting your veggies (which means additional nutrients) at the same time! Bonus!
Did I mention that this zucchini bread is also completely paleo?! Yup, that’s right! So there are no grains or processed sugars that will weigh you down and make you feel blah. Made with real food and packed with nutrients, this perfectly moist, sweet, and versatile paleo zucchini bread is sure to satisfy all tastebuds and is a great way to start your morning and keep you energized throughout the day.
I love this paleo zucchini bread because it can be served as a snack or dessert (especially if you add in chocolate chips). However, it also makes a great breakfast with peanut butter or any other nut butter spread on top. My mom likes hers with the Optional Lemon-Coconut Glaze served with berries on the side, while I like mine with a nice thick spread of peanut butter on top (because by now you should know me and my peanut butter 🙂 ). I didn’t add chocolate chips this time (I know, shocking, right?), but that would also be delicious with peanut butter spread on top. Looks like I found my next mission 🙂 Feel free to try it out and let me know how it goes!
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup full-fat, canned coconut milk, shaken/stirred
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 & ½ cups grated zucchini, squeezed dry with a kitchen or paper towel (it doesn't have to be completely bone dry, but make sure you at least squeeze some of the juice out)
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Optional add ins: chocolate chips/chunks (I use any of Enjoy Life Foods baking chocolates), raisins, walnuts (or any kind of nut)
- Optional Lemon-Coconut Glaze:
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk, shaken/stirred
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- First, preheat the oven to 375˚ (F).
- Next, grease a standard loaf pan or two mini loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Then, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then, fold in the grated zucchini.
- Next, in another medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring the mixture until everything is well-combined. Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan(s).
- Then, bake the loaf/loaves in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes (make sure a toothpick comes out clean before removing the bread from the oven!).
- Allow the bread to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Then, serve the cooled bread plain or with the Optional Lemon-Coconut Glaze or peanut/nut butter.
- For the optional Lemon-Coconut Glaze, combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well-combined. Then, drizzle a desired amount of the glaze over the zucchini bread and serve.
You can also freeze any leftovers in a Ziplock freezer storage bag for prolonged storage.