Anti-Inflammatory Carrot Cake Smoothie
Okay, I know, the color may look a little unappealing, but this smoothie seriously tastes like carrot cake. Even my dad, who LOVES carrot cake, said it tastes like his favorite dessert! Have I not mentioned before how picky of an eater he is?!
The Healing Benefits
This smoothie honestly tastes like a sweet treat, but has so many healing benefits! Ginger, cinnamon, pineapple, orange veggies (carrots), coconut, and collagen all have healing, anti-inflammatory properties that support digestion, joints, and muscle aches and pains.
Why I Eat Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Getting rid of inflammation in our bodies can also help our hormones, mood, energy levels, metabolism, and immunity. Since we’re exposed to so many sources that feed inflammation on a daily basis, it’s important that we include healthy, anti-inflammatory foods like these into our diet to reverse those effects. So, the next time you have a long, stressful day at work, ate too many inflammatory foods, or just did a long workout, whip up this delicious treat and you’ll be feeling better in no time!
- 1 very large, ripe banana, frozen
- 1 medium carrot, skinned and roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh greens (I like to use spinach)
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut cream (I refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut milk overnight and scrape the thick cream off the top)
- ¼ cup coconut juice (leftover from the can of full-fat coconut milk after the cream is scraped off the top)
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1-2 tablespoons Great Lakes Collagen
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packets Sweetleaf stevia (optional)
- ½-1 cup of ice
- Throw all the ingredients together in a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Drink it straight up or top it off with Wholeme Lemon Berry Chia Clusters (sooo good!), freshly grated carrots, and cinnamon-my personal favorite (or any of your favorite toppings).
Check out my Healing Banana-Orange Creamsicle Smoothie for another sweet, yet healing treat!
Also, see why I recommend Great Lakes Collagen!