Triple Chocolate Donuts
Lately, I’ve had such the sweet tooth, but rather than indulge in processed, sugar-filled treats that leave me feeling crappy, I love indulging in these grain-free, dairy-free Triple Chocolate Donuts! They’re perfect for satisfying that need for something sweet and chocolatey while still being nutrient-dense.
Family Favorite Alert
These donuts are also another family favorite, so this recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters out there. My mom especially loves to dip them in her morning coffee for an occasional breakfast treat 🙂 They remind us of when we used to go out for donuts on Sunday morning after church (especially because I always got a chocolate donut back then, too… What can I say? Once a chocolate lover, always a chocolate lover!).
Healthy Food Doesn’t Have to be Restrictive
I love recipes that can take me back to those times before I had food allergies and sensitivities because it just shows that you can still enjoy your favorite treats with dietary restrictions. Eating healthy doesn’t have to meaning depriving yourself of delicious food.
So, don’t hesitate to treat yourself and indulge a little. Enjoy these fluffy, gooey, chocolatey treats!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- ⅓ cup cocoa or cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg (or Ener-G egg replacer, equivalent to 1 egg)
- ¼ cup full-fat, canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate Frosting:
- ½ cup Enjoy Life dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon full-fat, canned coconut milk
- First, turn on your mini donut maker (or preheat your oven to 350˚ (F)).
- Next, in a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca starch, cocoa or cacao powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Then, add the melted coconut oil, egg or egg replacer, coconut milk, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Stir the batter until everything is evenly-combined. Then, fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Next, spray the preheated donut maker (or donut pan) with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Then, completely fill the donut holes with batter and close the lid of the donut maker (or place the donut pan in the oven).
- Cook the donuts for about 5 minutes. Then, flip the donuts over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. I have never tried this recipe in the oven, so you will need to keep in eye on them if you choose to do it that way. Remove them from the oven when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the donuts comes out clean.
- Then, remove the donuts from the donut maker (or the oven) and place them on a cooling rack.
- Next, while the donuts are cooling, melt the ingredients for the chocolate frosting in a small saucepan over the stove on low heat.
- Then, once the ingredients for the sauce are melted and combined evenly, dip the top of each donut into the frosting. You may need to spread it with a spoon to make sure the frosting is even and coats the donut nicely.