Paleo Coconut Banana Bread Pancakes
I must say, I use coconut sugar, maple syrup, and/or raw honey a lot in all of my recipes and that gets to be pretty expensive sometimes, especially with the amount of baking/cooking that I do. BUT FINALLY! I have created a recipe with no sugar added that still satisfies my sweet tooth!
Using Natural Sweetness
The natural sweetness of the coconut flour with the banana pairs perfectly to create a dessert-like breakfast that’s full of fiber and healthy fat, but NO SUGAR. They also taste great with nut butter spread on top for some extra protein and more healthy fat!
This recipe works just as well for waffles, so if you tend to be more of a waffle person than a pancake person, these cakes will turn out just as yummy in a waffle maker! I can’t wait to go whip up some of these bad boys right now for the weekend! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ⅓ cup So Delicious full-fat culinary coconut milk
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional add ins: chocolate chips, cinnamon, fresh/dried fruit, nuts, etc.
- First, in a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, coconut cream, coconut juice, milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Then, in a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Next, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until everything is well-combined.
- Then, fold in any add-ins that you would like.
- Place the batter in the fridge while you grease a large non-stick skillet with coconut oil.
- Next, once the pan is hot, remove the batter from the fridge and scoop however much batter you would like (depending on how big you want your pancake) onto the pan.
- Then, cook the pancakes about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings
Can’t get enough pancakes? Try my Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!