Paleo Cassava Flour Waffles
With the weekend coming up and nothing better than a nice Saturday/Sunday morning breakfast, I figured I had to share this great new recipe for paleo waffles using cassava flour!
Ever since the first time I made these, my family has not stop begging me to make them again. They just can’t get enough! These waffles take me back to before I went gluten free when my mom and dad used to make chocolate chip pancakes and waffles for me all the time. I was obsessed, and now the obsession has come back! So, if you’re gluten free, paleo, etc., and you miss the old days of having those perfect stacks of pancakes and waffles, this recipe is for you! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Otto's Cassava Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar (or more coconut sugar)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs, separated
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (I usually use coconut or almond)
- Optional add-ins: dairy-free chocolate chips, blueberries, chopped or mashed bananas, cinnamon, shredded carrots, shredded apples, blueberries, nuts, etc. The options are endless 🙂 My favorite is either chocolate chips or bananas or both!
- First, preheat your waffle maker.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the cassava flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Then, separate the eggs and add the yolks to the flour mixture while placing the egg whites in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, and milk to the flour mixture and stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Then, fold the whipped egg whites into the batter.
- Next, spray the preheated waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Then, spoon the batter into the waffle maker and cook until the waffle maker indicates that the waffle is done or until the waffle meets your preference. The amount of batter and cooking time will vary depending on the waffle maker.
- Finally, remove the waffle from the waffle maker and top with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, butter, any kind of nut butter, etc. My favorite is maple syrup 🙂
And don’t foget to buy your Otto’s Cassava Flour!