Healing Banana-Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
As a kid I remember I always hated anything orange flavored (and actually still do to this day), but for some reason I could never pass up an orange creamsicle, especially in the summer. Something about that bright orange, tangy, yet sweet outside coating with the smooth and creamy vanilla ice cream center just screamed deliciousness to me.
Recreating One of My Favorite Childhood Summer Treats
I love experimenting with different smoothie flavors in the summer because they always taste so good on a hot day, so I decided to come up with one that reminded me of licking one of those oh so tasty creamsicles. Boy, did I hit the jackpot! I have to say this smoothie is definitely one of my new favorites. I immediately went back to the store to buy more oranges so I could keep making them!
Packs a Nutritional Punch
Even though this smoothie tastes like one of those dreamy creamsicles, it definitely does not compare to the nutritional value! Unlike popsicles that are filled with refined sugar and artificial colors and flavors, this smoothie has no added sugar and contains healthy fats and protein! Plus, the collagen powder helps support healthy skin, hair, and nails, repairs joints, helps heal leaky gut, balances hormones, boosts metabolism, energy, and mood, and supports detoxification. It’s like a miracle powder, and you can’t taste it, so it’s easy to add to anything and everything!
A Delicious Treat
So the next you’re craving one of those creamsicles on a hot day, give this smoothie recipe a try! I promise it’s just as creamy and delicious 🙂
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ orange, frozen
- ¼ cup coconut cream (I refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight and scoop the thick part off the top)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk (can also sub coconut water)
- 2 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons Great Lakes collagen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (not extract!)
- -2 packets Sweetleaf stevia (optional)
- Optional: handful of spinach leaves (if you don't care about the color)
- Throw everything together in a blender and blend on low for a minute or two.
- Then, crank up the speed to medium or medium-high until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Next, pour the smoothie into a fun glass.
Looking for more healing, yet delicious smoothies? Try my Anti-Inflammatory Carrot Cake Smoothie!