Chunky Monkey Smoothie
Normally I’m not a huge smoothie person because I used to drink them all the time, so I got a little burnt out on them. However, around summertime my craving for smoothies always comes back. This Chunky Monkey Smoothie is by far my favorite smoothie because if you haven’t guessed from my other recipes and posts, there’s nothing I love more than the combination of peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate! I swear whoever came up with that combination is pure GENIUS.
Perfect Energy Boost
Another reason I love this smoothie is because it gives me TONS of energy and has nothing but wholesome ingredients that pack a powerful nutrient punch into one glass! That’s why smoothies are great–you can throw in lots of nutrient-dense foods that all get easily absorbed right into your system so that your digestive system gets a break and your body doesn’t have to expend more energy trying to break down all those nutrients.
Two of my favorites nutrient-packed superfoods to throw in smoothies are cacao powder and maca. Instead of sugary chocolate or processed cocoa that has been stripped of all its nutrients, raw cacao powder is filled with antioxidants, magnesium, calcium, iron, and is a natural mood enhancer, but still tastes just as chocolatey. On the other hand, maca powder adds a nice butterscotchy flavor and helps balance hormones in addition to improving stress levels, mood, and energy.
Nutrient-Dense Chocolatey Treat
So, if you’re tired and struggling to keep up with your busy summer schedule or just feel like a healthy chocolatey treat, this smoothie will perk you right up and help you cool down on a hot summer day while satisfying your sweet tooth all at the same time! Cheers!
- 2 ripe bananas (fresh, not frozen)
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons thick peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons P.B. Fit
- 1 tablespoon Great Lakes Collagen (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1-2 packets Sweetleaf Stevia (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- First, place all the ingredients in a blender, except for the ice, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Then, add the ice and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, pour the smoothie into a glass and add any of your favorite smoothie toppings. I like to add Wholeme Salted Peanut Chocolate Clusters, Jem Organics Hazelnut Raw Cacao Spread, and/or Made In Nature Coconut Chips.
- Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.